«

»

Feb 11

Dreams Do Come True!

Ever since I was child, I have always wanted to go to Old Trafford to watch a Premier League match. For those of you who do not know, Old Trafford provides the home pitch for the greatest football club on the planet-Manchester United. If you do not know what Manchester United is, well there’s a good chance we’ve never met, because within the earliest moments of our acquaintance you would know more than you ever cared to about obsession to the sport of football. Today marks the best day of my life. Several years from now, I will remember Februay 9, 2014 as the day I finally saw a Premier League Match at Old Trafford! How do you describe something so perfect when words can never do it justice. Wonderful? Immaculate? Incredible? None of these even come close to the beauty and majesty i witnessed today. If you ever dare think that I am just describing a silly sporting event, then you had best stop reading and never bother looking at anything I ever post again, as you clearly are bereft of brains and a soul. For those of you who do not fall into that category, read on!

Should I ever get married, Old Trafford will be the venue. Yes, that sounds completely ridiculous, but I lead a wonderfully ridiculous life. Adequately depicting the marvels of being at Old Trafford cannot be done. Life throws wonderful moments at us every once in a while, which prove perfect in their intangibility. Only the heart can feel these moments. If my fingers and lips could give my heart a voice, I would write and scream about this day until death swept in and shut me up, but fruits of my fingers and the murmurs let out from my lips fail me time and time again. How do you describe meeting a professional footballer? How do you properly illustrate the way you felt when image image imageJonny Evans heard you say his name, and while Danny Welbeck didn’t stop to sign anything for anyone, and Ben Amos and Fellaini only signed a few shirts and pieces of paper for the flock of children there that day, how do you even begin to explain he amazement you felt when Jonny Evans walked right up to you! i certainly don’t know how. In the same way, I don’t know how to tell you what it feels like to sit in the Theatre of Dreams. Watching David De Gea warm up before the match, or seeing RVP, Wayne Rooney, and Juan Mata get in that last stretch before the official’s whistle starts the first act of the greatest ninth minutes of your life. Even the silence when Fulham scored, the aching way my heart fell out of my chest, words fail again to put these events into perspective. When United scored two goals in a matter of minutes, the jubilation that radiated through the stadium, my soul learned a new dance. Yet the steps of that dance became a bit confusing when Fulham scored their second goal in stoppage time. My jaw drops and someone greedily sucked the air from my lungs. How can you dance if you can’t breathe! Despite my dearth of breath, I began to remember the steps. Never have I seen such a delightful dance.

Sunday, February 9, 2014, was the greatest day if my life. I don’t think anything will ever top it, except maybe my wedding, but I don’t plan on getting married, so this is it. I cannot wait to return to the most beautiful place on earth!

Until next time!

Cheers!

1 comment

1. coach

It truly sounds as if the “dream” has become a reality for you. As you learn, experience and grow during this trip I look forward to reading and commenting on your new posts!

Comments have been disabled.