«

»

Jan 30

Once upon a time …

imageOnce upon a time … Fairy tales usually start that way right? Well my life isn’t a fairy tale, but it sure is pretty amazing. Today marks my two week anniversary in a magical kingdom. Okay, it’s just Bangor, Wales, but there are castles here and even though they haven’t been used in hundreds of years, a castle really can’t help but feel a bit magical. Thus far, I’ve found myself on the side of mountain, at the bottom of a slate mine, dancing to traditional Welsh music-which felt like I was in a Jane Austen film- dancing to dubstep at a local place, staring in awe at the majestic castles, running from the tide as it chased our feet by the seaside of Lluando, watching various football matches in local pubs, and my favorite part, playing football in Chester, England. These are only a few bits and pieces of everything that has happened these past few weeks. At some point I’m sure I’ll provide a great more detail about my time here, but at present I’m being called away!

Until next time!

Cheers!

4 comments

Skip to comment form

1. Elaine Marshall

Ashley, you’re sounding like a writer! Jane A. would be proud. Clearly Bangor is working its magic on you. Glad you’re having such a great time.

1. Ashley Mahoney

Thank you! I hope you are having a wonderful spring semester in Wilson!

2. susan kneten

How fun to read your blog! Wales has always been fun for Dr. K and me and it is a magical place and we hiked the area of Snowdonia where the King Arthur tales take place. Enjoy your travels!

3. Ashley Mahoney

Thank you! We recently went hiking there and it was beyond beautiful!

Comments have been disabled.