«

»

Apr 27

Is that your final answer?!

It was the second semester of my senior year at E.A. Laney High School in Wilmington, North Carolina when I decided that Barton College was the place for me. During my process of college hunting, everyone told me that I will know where I want to go to because it will “feel right.”  I was not exactly sure what that meant, until I stepped foot on Barton’s campus. Right away, I felt comfortable with the school’s environment. The first thing that stood out to me was the campus as a whole. There are beautiful trees everywhere you look, and all year you can watch them change as the leaves fall and grow back according to the seasons.

Another thing that struck me was the people. I got the vibe that not only does the admissions staff know how awesome Barton is, but so do the students. It was evident everywhere I looked that the students thoroughly enjoyed being at their school. For example, unlike most of the other colleges I visited, on my tour whenever we pasted current Barton students, no one ever hesitated to say, “Hey! How are you? Barton is a great choice, you should come here!” There is nothing I love more than students with school pride. Everyone at Barton is extremely nice; it is the kind of nice that makes you appreciate your school and the people who surround you.

Barton is a private, liberal arts school, and we have a smaller student body. Here at Barton, students are offered great opportunities. At big universities, all of the students are considered just a number; at Barton it couldn’t be any more different.  This quality is beneficial because most students are more likely to speak up in smaller class sizes; this way you can get all the attention you need to succeed and more. At first, given that I did not know that much about the school, I doubted whether attending Barton was really the right choice for me. However, I am completely satisfied with my decision of making Barton the place to further my education. I guarantee, you won’t regret coming here!