«

»

Oct 29

After Class, After Hours

There are a lot of student activities to do on campus. Every day there is something going on. One of my favorite things to do after classes on Monday is go to New Beginnings. New Beginnings is a church group that meets in the Chapel from 7-8pm. It’s a lot of fun! You get to meet new people and hang out with a lot of people who enjoy being a Christian. I like it because it is not like most church groups. There is fun music that plays, and the band starts out with a few worship songs. Then Pastor Bobby says a short sermon, which is usually really good. It is a great way to end my busy Mondays! It’s not for everyone, though; but if you have a chance to check it out, I would highly recommend it.

A lot of the time the Campus Activities Board (CAB) will put on events like movie nights and other on-campus events. Those are a lot of fun to attend as well. Last Spring, CAB put together a campus wide Easter egg hunt. It was great. They even had five eggs that had some money in it. My friends and I had a fun time searching for the eggs. I did not get any money, but it was still a lot of fun. Movie nights are also great because they usually pick recent releases that haven’t yet made it to DVD. It’s a great opportunity to catch up on the new movies coming out! It’s also free, which is always good for college students!

There is also always stuff to do in the student center.  Students can just hang out with their friends, play games in the new game room they added this year, and even rent out gaming systems to play on the TVs. I have not yet been in the new gaming room, but I see students in there all the time. Maybe I will check it out one of these days. There are also three TVs set up in the student center.

If you are bored and need something to do on campus, you do not have to look far!