«

»

Sep 12

Here We Go Again!

Well, another school year has begun and, let me tell you, it feels like a whole new world.  It feels like I never left, but at the same time everything is different.  I was able to pick up where I left off last year with my friendships, work schedules, and all the other aspects of my life away from home – which is a great thing.  But there is just something completely different about life as I know it now that I am no longer a freshman.  I feel so much older and more knowledgeable about the goings on of campus.  I get such a satisfying feeling when all of the new freshmen come up and ask questions, and I actually know the answers!!  I’m not clueless anymore! I love knowing where to go and how to get there and just being accustomed to college life in general.

But now, the whole academic thing is an entirely different story.  It seems to be taking me longer to get into a rhythm with all my classes.  Maybe it’s just because as we get older and farther along in our majors we inevitably have to take harder classes. I’ve heard the stories and completely understand that, but still it’s a little bit of a reality shock when it actually happens to you.  Not that my classes are unbearably hard, it’s just having to get back into the swing of things and learning how to manage my time again.

And even though to me it feels the same, there are still a lot of things that look different; and it feels cool coming back and seeing everything again.  I’m also just a lot more comfortable on campus.  This time last year you couldn’t pay me to come out of my room and get involved.  But now I feel more inclined to go out and do something with my friends and maybe even get a little out of my comfort zone, which is undoubtedly going to make for a much more fun school year.  So as of right now I just can’t wait to see what this school year has in store for me!