«

»

Apr 12

Tip of the Day

I’m not one to have many pet peeves, but one that really bothers me is when people are late. I have always been taught that it is very important to be punctual. It’s not good to hold people up or cause any inconvenience for them. I will offer a few quick tips to help you become more punctual:

• At the beginning of the day (or the night before), make a list of things to do and set your priorities. This can help your brain be clutter-free throughout the day.
  • Take time to plan each activity and give yourself ample time to complete each task before starting on the next. This will also eliminate any mistakes or setbacks to your schedule.
  • Don’t plan anything around the time of any big event! For example, don’t plan a nail/hair appointment at 1 p.m. when you are scheduled to attend a friend’s wedding at 2 p.m. Who knows what could happen within that time frame that could cause you to miss or be late to your friend’s wedding?
  • Last but not least, if something unexpectedly happens that may cause you to be late, be sure to call the person with whom you are meeting to inform them of your possible tardiness.

I hope these tips are helpful! If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the comment box below.