«

»

Apr 18

New Club on Campus!

When I first came to Barton, I was surprised to learn that there wasn’t a Mass Communications Club for us mass communication majors. Well, I took the initiative to start the club.

Two of my friends and I, who are also mass communication majors, took the idea to the Director of Student Activities, and she gave us the necessary paperwork to get the club up and running. Once we completed the first half of the paper, which included writing up a constitution for the club, we had three interest meetings to get students interested and informed about the Mass Communications Club. At each meeting, we had a good amount of students come and support the club.

Our next step was to present the idea to the SGA Senate at the SGA meeting for approval. We got 100% support from the Senate, and now the Mass Communications Club is official! We are a new student organization on campus. For the remainder of the semester, we will be meeting to discuss events and activities for the fall 2011 semester.

The process of starting a new club on campus was so easy. I love how Barton allows students to become leaders and bring new things to campus. Keep your eyes open for new things to come from the Mass Communications Club!