«

»

Apr 07

It’s Not ALL About the Food, Ya Know!

I was having trouble figuring out what I wanted to talk about, but I found my inspiration today in the cafe: Tony Tilley. He is in charge of the dining services here at Barton. When you go in the cafe, one of the first voices you will hear is Tony’s!

Whenever my friends and I go to the cafe, we don’t go just to eat; it’s also our time together. We will sit in there for 2 or 3 hours at a time to just hang out, talk, and catch up. If any of us has had tests, we talk about how the tests went and so on. Most of all, we go there to socialize and the food just happens to be there!

Tony Tilley, Barton's dining services director, talks with students.

Tony really gets to know everyone that goes to the cafe.  The cafe is its busiest between 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and from 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. A lot of people on campus eats there, so everyone is there hanging out and talking. The only time I usually don’t stay for a long time is when I have to go to class or have some other activity to do. The cafe opens at 4:30 p.m. for dinner and closes at 7 p.m. I can’t tell you how many times my friends and I have arrived when it opened and stayed long enough to have the lights shut out on us! We were just sitting around talking and having a good time!

The great thing about Tony and the cafe, though, is that Tony really cares about the people here. I can’t count the number of times Tony has helped me in some way. Whether it’s just getting some ice or giving me some contact information for someone I needed, he has always been a great help.

Not only that, Tony plans fun activities in the cafe. Just recently we had Wacky Wing Wednesday, and next week we’re going to have a chocolate fountain in the cafe. How many other cafes feature a huge chocolate fountain for the students just because? Also, this month were doing a carnival-themed lunch and having a picnic!

Tony always has some kind of joke or story to tell, and his stories will have you laughing for days. You will remember them forever! His jokes are even better; so, if you ever need a little laugh in your day, just go to the cafe. Tony is always there being his goofy self!

Have a great day!

Always,

Candice :)