«

»

Apr 19

Hanging Out :)

Such a beautiful day to hang out! I have given a tour today; and, let me tell you, it was one of the most fun tours that I have ever given! The group was hilarious, and they kept me on my toes the entire time – but I like it that way! I loved being outside giving a tour today; this is my favorite time of year by far! Nothing beats wearing a pair of shorts, flip flops, and my sunglasses and catching some sun while working! So, today on my tour I got asked “So, what do you do for fun?” My response? “I make my own fun!”

Well, here at Barton there are several CAB (Campus Activities Board) activities that are going on around campus all the time, so we go to those! My favorite thing is going to the movies on campus and listening to the comedians! All of the comedians I have heard have been absolutely hysterical! They literally had me crying I was laughing so hard!

So, say there isn’t something going on around campus that I am interested in going to, no big deal. Like I said, I make my own fun!

On Monday nights after my 4:30 to 7:00 pm class, I go to O’Cools where I play trivia! O’Cools has the best wings ever – and, I mean, EVER! In my opinion, they put Buffalo Wild Wings to shame. Just saying! Anyways I go up there with some family I have in Wilson, and we eat wings and cheese fries (also amazing) and play four rounds of Trivia. If you win, you get a gift certificate for wings or fries for the next time you’re there! It is a lot of fun, and I have learned a lot of little facts that I never knew before.

We also go bowling some nights. From 10pm to 1am, you can bowl all you want for $5.00 with the music and disco lights going! For only $5.00 for three hours of fun, that’s not bad at all! We usually get a group together, take tons of pictures, bowl, and just hang out.

Still not interested? Okay; well, keep reading!

A couple of weeks ago we had a water gun fight! Now you HAVE to say that is always fun! I got attacked; but, after they attacked me, they tossed me a gun, and we were chasing each other for a few hours trying to get pay back! If that doesn’t make you feel like a kid again, I don’t know what will!

Want something a little more relaxing? Well, I have that too!

I personally love to just lay out in the sun reading a book! Beside Wenger Hall on any given nice day, you will see several blankets with people out doing their homework or just laying out and listening to music. I love doing that after classes and taking my glove out to play catch with a few friends. It reminds me of summertime and how much closer it is getting every day!

Always,

Candice :)