«

»

Apr 18

5K Race!

I did it!!!! I am so happy and proud of myself. I completed the race and I’m still smiling with excitement!!!!! Trust me this wasn’t easy, but it was definitely worth it. All together everyone raised over $25,000, and it will be donated to a local autism organization.

It was very cold this morning, and it made me a bit nervous because I don’t really like running when its freezing outside, but I zoned out and kept my mind off of it. As all the runners lined up for the race, I knew I was in for a good morning run.

POP!!!! The horn sounded, and we were off down the hill. I must say, there were a lot of hills and turns in this race, but I was prepared for every single one of them. I don’t remember my exact finish time, but I was glad to know that I wasn’t the last person to finish – lol!

It felt good completing something that I put my heart and mind into and never gave up. It further proved to me that I’m a strong, dedicated, motivated, and hard-working person. It makes me want to go out and compete in other races, walks, and other things. I want to continue to donate and raise money for various illnesses and causes out there around the world. I will go ahead and end this post now before I start to get emotional and cry lol! Seriously, I will – lol!

Overall I had a lot of fun; and I’m going to make it a mission to continue to do races likes these, set goals for myself, and work hard to achieve them.

What’s next for me? I am going to be raising money for and walking in the National MS Society Walk here in North Carolina. I personally know a person who is going through the early stages of MS (multiple sclerosis), and I’m doing it for her and everyone else who has been diagnosed with MS.