«

»

Feb 15

Working on Campus

With all of the stressors in my life and the time I spend worrying about classes, it’s nice to have a job that’s, for the most part, convenient and very flexible with my schedule.  Where might this wonderful job exist, you ask? Why, right here on Barton’s campus, of course.  I work on campus in the building right next to my dorm, making the commute to work all of about 50 feet, which, needless to say, is very nice!

The benefits of working on campus heavily outweigh the disadvantages.  For one, the hours are probably the most flexible of any job you could ever get.  The people you work for know what it’s like to juggle school with work, so they are more likely to put homework or a test before work.  If you have a big paper due or a huge test the next day, most bosses on campus will let you take the day off so you can study; and in the eyes of a college student that’s a very big deal.

Another great thing about getting a job on campus is the convenience.  Not that anything on Barton’s campus is particularly inconvenient because of the small size, but it’s nice to be able to just pop in for an hour or two to work after classes.

Another pro for working on campus is that there are so many possibilities.  I mean, you can work in an office setting, the library, cafeteria, gym, or any of several other places on campus.  There is something for every taste, and the best part is that you get paid for doing something you enjoy.

The only real drawback of getting a job on campus is that it is work.  I know no one really wants to go out and find a job; but it pays well, and the work really is not too intense or stressful.  So, if you have a chance to get paid and not have to add something else to your list of things to worry about, why not go for it, right?

Well, that’s pretty much all I have to say about working on campus.  So until next time, bye, everybody!