«

»

Feb 13

Training Day

Have you ever thought about trying something new and different, but you weren’t sure if you should? Well, I have. Participating in a marathon has always been one of my goals. I have always admired those who train and participate in triathlons and marathons. I’ve never really had the time to try it until now!

Heather Brewer, our campus counselor, recently started a Women’s 5k Training and Support Group on campus. The main purpose of the group is to train for the race while supporting each other and to have weekly discussions about various topics such as body image, self esteem, nutrition, stress management, and more. One of my friends thought it would be a good idea, and we both signed up and persuaded another friend to join us.

So far so good! After our first workout, I was a bit tired, but nothing that I couldn’t handle. We are required to meet once a week as a group and then do two workouts on our own. The race will take place on Saturday, April 2nd, in Greenville. I know that it will be here before I know it. I’m excited and I will be sure to keep everyone posted on this new journey! :)