«

»

Feb 22

Spring Fever!

Hey, y’all!

I hope that you’re doing well and that you’re as ready for spring to get here as I am! I can tell you that I am NOT a winter girl. I am most definitely a spring girl – maybe because my birthday is in May, but I think it has a little more to do with the fact of the weather :) There is nothing that I love more than riding around with my best friends with my sunroof open and my windows down and listening to music.

So, the past few days it has been extremely nice, and I even wore shorts one day.  I get up this morning, put on a pair of jeans and flip flops, and one of my sisters that lives next to me says, “Candice, it’s cold outside.”

Ruined my day.

I thought she meant maybe a little chilly because she gets colder quicker than I do and I am always hot anyway. Well, it turned out I was wrong about that, too! So, I grabbed a light jacket and still kept my flip flops on – terrible idea, by the way, – and started walking to the cafe to eat breakfast. My toes were frozen! I should have listened and put on my Sperry’s and a hoodie; but, no-o-o-o!

I really want the nice weather to come back around! I love it when I can be in a shirt and a pair of jeans and flip flops and be comfortable! I wish I could wear flip flops everyday, but obviously that’s not very likely. I’m ready to not have to wear a hoodie to go to class and to not have to bundle up before walking across campus; but, most of all, I’m ready for the beach! I only live about an hour away from the beach, so I’m looking forward to the maximum amount of my time being spent there this summer!

In my room here at school, I share a balcony with one of my suite mates; and, for the past few days, I have opened my curtains, opened the door, and tried to let all of the fresh air in! It kind of reminds me of being at home because whenever we have a really nice day at home, my mom will open all the windows in the house; and I just absolutely love that.

With spring, also comes the end of my second semester of my junior year; but I’m not sure how I feel about that yet. My birthday is also the day after exams end, so that is going to be kinda fun because all of my sorority sisters will still be here – and the seniors because they have graduation that weekend – so I’ll get to celebrate with them!

More later!

Always,

Candice :)