«

»

Feb 15

I’m Weird…I Like Math

This semester has gotten off to a very good start; and, if forced to pick my favorite class, I’d have to choose between two of them.  I’ve always been a math person; I just get it, and it comes naturally to me.  I love working out problems and finding different ways to figure things out.  I guess that’s why my favorite classes this semester are Discrete Math and Accounting. Both have a great deal to do with problem solving and logical thinking.  I know I sound like a nerd; and, believe me, I get enough ridicule from my friends for being such a huge math freak, but I can’t help it.  I’m good at it, and I love it!

The biggest reason why I picked these two classes – and this goes for every professor at Barton – is the teachers’ willingness to help.  Every single teacher I’ve had here so far has strenuously emphasized that they are here to help us and that their doors are always open.  If you email them, they’ll usually respond within 24 hours. If you go by their office, they’ll help you until you understand the material; and, if they’re not in their office at that moment, they’ll work with you to figure out a time to meet that fits into your schedule.  Now, I’ve only attended a small college; but I’m guessing that’s not exactly how things work up at the big universities.  But, here it’s something you see every day, and this is one of the reasons I chose to come to Barton in the first place.

Since I’m a freshman, I haven’t had too many classes, and this statement may change as I get into more upper level classes; but, as of right now, I can honestly say that I’ve enjoyed every class I’ve had in college.  Hopefully, it will stay that way, and perhaps even get better!

That’s all I have for now.  Later, everybody!