«

»

Feb 17

Follow Up on Ireland Trip

As you all know, I went to Ireland, England, and France in January. Let me tell you, that was an experience of a lifetime, and I would love to go again! For eleven days, I got to travel Europe and learn about the history, culture, and people of each place we went to. I loved the architecture in Ireland, but I loved everything in Ireland, so I guess that’s not saying much.

Going on this trip was amazing! I hung out with and got to know people that I probably wouldn’t have ever talked to here at Barton and found common ground on which to bond. It was a different, new, and exciting adventure every single day that we were there!

The flight over, which was about 9 hours, I think, was my FIRST plane ride ever. So just think, first plane ride ever is (1.) a 9 hour flight, (2.) overseas, and (3.) to one of the largest airports in Europe! Talk about being scared. Boy, was I! It was so much fun, though. With the excitement of seeing London and Ireland, I couldn’t sleep at all! While over there I also got to ride on the Underground, which we Americans call “the subway,” and it was PACKED! I come from a SMALL town, and I have never seen so many people in one place at one time. It was like controlled chaos!

So on to Paris, we stayed in Paris the last two days of our trip, and to be honest I was disappointed. Paris was filthy, the people were rude, and everything was completely overpriced! We had to take the EuroStar from London to Paris. The EuroStar is this really fast train that goes under the English Channel to connect to France. So, we leave beautiful London and arrive in filthy Paris. We get off of the EuroStar, and I feel like we’re in the worst part of Paris. Well, apparently we’re not, which really surprised me! The sidewalks were barely sidewalks, it was more like patches of concrete and more sand and dirt than anything else. And, lucky us, it was raining; so it was mud!

Before I went to Paris, I was in LOVE with Paris, especially the Eiffel Tower. So, all of my expectations of Paris? Completely obliterated; nothing I imagined it to be. I will say, though, that the second day in Paris made it better. We went shopping for most of the day, and, then, at night we got to go to the Eiffel Tower. It was absolutely gorgeous! We went up the Eiffel Tower but only to the second stop because the top was closed.

I got to take so many pictures of Paris at night, and that was probably the most gorgeous view I had ever seen. You had a complete 360-degree look at Paris, and it was just stunning. I took several pictures of the Eiffel Tower during the day and at night, and the ones at night are just amazing to me.

It still amazes me that I actually got to experience this, and I’m only 20. I plan on going back to Ireland. I fell in love with Killarney and wish to revisit it soon!

Until my next one, I hope you have a great day!

Always,

Candice :)