«

»

Jan 27

Open House!

I hope all of you are having a terrific day wherever you are! I am having a pretty good day. I only have one class on Tuesdays and Thursdays which is already out of the way, so the rest of my day is basically free! So, today I am going to talk about a Barton College Open House, an experience like no other!

When I was a senior in high school (such a long time ago now), I applied to several different colleges and universities and went to several different open houses! Sad to say, I did not get the opportunity to attend a Barton College Open House, and I wish I could have! Now that I am an Ambassador for the College, I get that opportunity whenever the college hosts one! If you are interested in coming to Barton College, I would highly encourage you to attend one! Funny enough, we have an Open House this Saturday, January 29th! I am sad that I will not be able to attend it because of prior engagements, but we would love to have you here!

So, some of you may be thinking what the difference is between an Open House and a campus visit. I am here to tell you!

As far as Open House goes, you get a wider range of information, such as Financial Aid and Student Life and Activities.  You get to meet some of the faculty and staff that work at our college. During an Open House, you also get the opportunity to meet several other prospective students and meet a professor that teaches in your area of interest.

A campus visit is on a more personal level. When you arrive at Barton College, we welcome you into the Harper Hall Parlor where  you will be greeted by your admissions counselor.  Your counselor will talk to you for a little bit and explain the agenda for your visit, and then a Student Ambassador comes to take you on a tour of the campus, eat lunch, and possibly meet with a professor that teaches in your major. Our tours usually last about an hour and meetings with professors usually last a half hour.

Meeting with a professor is a major advantage of coming to a campus visit, especially if you have an idea of what you would like to major in. The meeting is a one-on-one opportunity where the professor can answer any questions about the major and talk about what types of classes you are likely to take. Barton’s small size gives you the kind of one-on-one opportunity that some larger schools can’t offer. At Barton, we are very family and community-oriented; and our professors know us by our first names, not by the number that goes with our name!

Don’t forget we have an Open House this weekend, January 29th; and, if you have any questions, the Admissions Office can answer them!

Always,

Candice :)