«

»

Jan 04

My Busy Christmas Break

Hey, everyone!

Its been a while since my last post, but I am back and stronger than ever!  So, right now, I am officially waiting around to leave for the airport in Raleigh. At 8:30 tonight I will be on my first flight ever, and its a 14 hour flight – to London! I’m so excited! We’re going to Ireland, England, and France for 11 days! This will be the first time I have ever flown, and to be honest I am a little freaked out about it. I’m sure my nerves will be worse once we actually get to the airport, but I will talk more about my trip after it is done or while I am over there!

So, over my break, I did a lot of different things, like hanging out with friends and family and doing stuff for Delta Zeta! Four girlfriends and I went ice skating one day, and that probably had to be one of the funniest days over break because one girl who went with us – bless her heart – could not ice skate if her life depended on it. She was constantly on the ground! It was a great laugh and an even better time with the girls!

Afterwards we ate dinner together, and as always it was a blast! We got a little lost in Virginia on the way back, so another girl and I had to change seats while stopped at a traffic light  (I do not recommend doing this) so I could be in the front seat to tell the driver how to get home!

After making it home safely, we all went to our high school basketball game; and, let me tell you, it was a nail biter just like the ones Barton has with Mt.Olive! We ended up losing in the last 10 seconds, but overall it was a great game. It was a lot of fun to see people that I went to high school with again!

Hanging out with family has been tons of fun. My favorite person in the world is my two-year-old niece! She is constantly making me laugh and always talking! For Christmas she got a inflatable trampoline from Santa; and whenever she jumps on it, her hair sticks out straight because of the static electricity. Everyone who touches her shocks her, but she has a blast on it jumping, falling down, and running around in a circle!

Well, guys, I think I am going to head out. We are about to leave so we can get to Raleigh a little early and just hang out for a while! Be looking for another post here shortly; and the next time you hear from me, I will more than likely be in another country, and I’ll be excited to tell you all about it!

Always,

Candice :)