«

»

Jan 16

Home for Christmas!

Now, this is what I call a break.  Fall semester is over, and I’m living every moment to the fullest.  Sometimes I still catch myself thinking of my schedule and racking my brain for something that’s supposed to be due. It’s so strange to have absolutely nothing to turn in.  There’s a split second of panic after realizing I haven’t worked on anything in over a week, but it’s followed by hours of relief after the realization that I have nothing to worry about.

My break has mostly consisted of hanging out with friends and catching up with everyone from home.  We’ve spent countless hours going from house to house with an endless list of things to do or movies to watch, which usually turned into sitting around laughing and gossiping about our new lives, as many teenage girls do.

Christmas was amazing as always.  I loved seeing my entire town in lights and watching everyone get into the spirit of the season.  I spent the entire break in New Bern, which some people would classify as boring; but I fell in love with a life of no schedules or commitments.  I know this means that when I get back to school I will have the biggest wake-up call of my life, but like I said – I’m living in the moment.

Not that I didn’t try to go places, but my friends and I seemed to fail miserably whenever we tried to plan more than 3 days in advance.  Nothing ever just worked out, and I was perfectly content hanging out around the town with which I’m most familiar.

Even though I love being home, it’s time to start facing reality and getting ready for next semester.  Although I have to admit that I do sort of miss school, it’s hard going back knowing that, when I get there, I’ll have a massive to-do list to take care of.  Oh well, I guess that’s just one of the downsides of time – there never seems to be enough of it.

Well, I guess this is it for now. Later, everybody!