«

»

Jan 14

Enjoying the Holidays with Family & Friends

The Christmas and New Year break has been so much fun, and it’s not over yet!!! It seems like just yesterday I was taking my fall semester final exams. This Christmas my family and I went to my aunt’s house to celebrate with the entire family. I have a huge family – so many cousins, aunts and uncles! We exchanged gifts at my aunt’s house and ate Christmas dinner. The men of my family spent their time watching basketball games and cheering on their favorite NBA teams. I’m a big basketball fan but not as rowdy as some of my uncles and cousins are!!!

I love the holidays because they give me a chance to catch up with all of my family members and to sit back and have a great time. One of my younger cousins is about to graduate from high school this upcoming May; and, of course, everyone was in her ear about which school to attend in the fall. I made sure to try to convince her to come to Barton, and it helped because she said that she might apply. So, I will be keeping my fingers crossed!!

Each winter and summer break, my two sisters and I plan a “sisters’ getaway”; and this winter break we decided to go back to New York City!! However, due to the winter storm, our plans changed, and we weren’t able to make the trip. That didn’t stop us from having a good time at home. For this upcoming summer break, we are in the process of planning another trip to either San Francisco or Miami. I personally want to go to both places, so we will see how that works out.

This break I have been keeping busy with just about everything. Right around New Year’s Day, I was able to snag an interview for my personal blog, The ABC’s of College, with Mark Brunetz, co-star of the hit television show, “Clean House”, on the Style Network. I was so thrilled to interview him and kind of nervous as well. I also got the chance to interview jazz musician, Kenneth Whalum, III, and that was a lot of fun as well! Ringing in the New Year was a lot of fun, and I can’t wait to see what will be happening in 2011.

Overall this winter break has been tons of fun, and I wish it could last a bit longer. However, I am ready to get back to Barton, see all of my friends again, and start the new semester. I will be sure to keep you all posted throughout the spring semester!