«

»

Dec 10

Study, Study, Study….

Holy crap!  My first exam week in college is approaching at warp speed, and somehow it just keeps getting faster.  It’s not as if I’m doing bad in any of my classes, so I know I should do fine on all my exams.  But, I think it’s just the idea of finals that freaks me out.

I know I’m well prepared and all, but I just can’t help feeling nervous.  This kind of goes back to the most common piece of advance given to college students: manage your time wisely.  This doesn’t only apply to exam week, but the whole semester.  If you stay on top of everything all year, then exams will be no problem.  I keep telling myself that I’ve done well with my time, so all this worrying is really unnecessary; but it’s still hard not to worry.

I think the best way to prepare for any test is to relax and get a couple of good nights of sleep.  Sometimes I even find that it’s best to just walk away and forget about studying for a while, maybe do something to take your mind off of it.  That way, when you come back, you’re refreshed and ready to crack the books.  Whenever I come back from a nice long break, I don’t know why, but I always have a burst of energy.  It’s like a light bulb turns on and I know what to do.

When studying, it helps to go somewhere that you won’t be distracted.  I don’t know how it is for other students, but my dorm is very distracting.  I always find something to eat or clean, and I can never get anything done.  I personally like to go to the library.  There’s something about it that just gives a studying vibe.  I feel like I’m supposed to be studying or working, so I do and usually get a lot done in a shorter amount of time.

I know everyone learns differently and has their own unique study habits, so you’ll all have to find your own routine.  But, this is what works for me, and I hope it helps.

Bye for now!!