«

»

Dec 14

In the Middle of Exams

Ok, so it’s not as bad as I thought it would be.  Exam week, that is.  I’ve already had one exam, and now I’m studying like crazy for my other ones, but it’s really not that bad.  I wake up the morning of my exams and start freaking out, wondering if I studied everything I’ll need to know or scared that my teacher just decided to be cruel and put random questions on the test that she only mentioned once.  With all of these thoughts rolling around in my head, the walk to my class room is a very long and suspenseful one.  But I get to the room, sit down, and my professor hands out the tests.  As I read the first few questions I start to relax; and, after the first page, I am almost totally calm and my confidence returns.

Exams certainly need to be taken seriously, but they don’t have to be the end of your world.  As long as you realize how important they are and are determined to study, then you should be fine.  The biggest problem for me is finding a place to study where I won’t be distracted.  If I stay in my room, then I end up turning on the TV or getting on Facebook.  But, if I go to the library or anywhere else, then I’m distracted by all the people and can never focus.  There are very small windows of opportunity in my life when I am actually in the mood to study and can settle down enough to get some work done.  With that being said, timing and sacrifice is everything for me.  If I’m in one of my study moods and get invited to go out somewhere that night, I would have to decline because I never know when I’ll be able to concentrate back on studying again.  But don’t worry, I’m not saying that I never go out or have fun.  College is a blast, but it’s also a time to get your priorities straight.  Just remember that college is serious and sometimes really hard, but it’s also tons of fun.  So get excited for the best time of your life!

Bye for now!