«

»

Dec 10

Exam Time

Today marks the first day of final exams. I know most people aren’t excited about it, but I’m so ready to get them done! Final exams are the tests that you hear your professor talking about throughout the semester and what most people like the least about academics. Everyone has been studying their butts off around campus in hopes of passing their finals.

Although I have been studying, I have also made time to hang out with friends before we all go our separate ways for Christmas and New Year’s break. On Wednesday, December 8th, the admissions department hosted a “Thank You Party” for all of the student ambassadors, telecounselors, and the student workers from the admissions office. They provided us with a delicious meal and a big thank you from all of the admissions team. It was so good to take a break from studying and classes to just sit down and relax and enjoy each other’s company.

Yesterday (Thursday), I and the other staff writers from Barton’s student newspaper, “The Collegeiate,” went to Olive Garden for a fun dinner to celebrate our last issue of the semester. I have to say, working for the student newspaper has been so much fun this semester!!! During dinner, we shared our crazy but funny semester stories and laughed the entire night. Our adviser and journalism professor, Mr. Stewart joined us at dinner. It was funny to see him so laid back and enjoying himself. Coming to Barton, I never expected to go out to dinner with my professor, but I did! It was fun to be able to interact with him outside of the classroom and have a great time. Hopefully, next semester we will be able to do it again.

Looking back, this week has been a lot of fun. Now I have to get ready to take my first final exam of the semester. I’m trying to stay optimistic about it and relax.

Wish me luck!

Catherine