«

»

Nov 27

Turkey Day!

Thanksgiving break, a much needed break at that!  I know this break is going to fly by way too fast, but I am determined to enjoy it as much as possible while I can! Over my break so far I have hung out with great friends, caught up with a few friends that are away at college too, but most of all I have hung out with my family and had a blast doing it!  I have a two-year-old niece that is my world. She is like me in so many ways, it is almost scary! I have gotten to hang out with her and play games with her this entire break, and I am really going to miss that when I get back to Wilson.

At home it is a tradition after the family has eaten that we all sit down and play some type of game together. Kind of old school I know, but it is great, quality family time that is tons of fun! This year we played Scattergories. If you’ve never played this game, it is a “must play” if you like a little fun and friendly competition!

Since it was just Thanksgiving and this holiday really marks the beginning of the holiday season, I thought it would be appropriate to tell what I’m thankful for! Like most other people, I am thankful for my family, friends, my health, and the ability to spend the holiday season with those amazing people. I am also extremely thankful for my amazing sisters of Delta Zeta; they have been there for me through thick and thin.  I really do not know where I would be without those young women. It is awesome what a group of young women can do once they get together and strive for the best that they can be. They have helped me grow, mature, and respect myself and others to a degree I never thought I could, and for that I am truly thankful.

Now let’s switch gears :)

Thanksgiving break has also been a great time for me to catch up on some homework and, better yet, get ahead on some homework! I have papers that are due at the end of the semester; and instead of procrastinating and waiting until the week before to write them, I have decided to get the jump on them now! If not, I would be completely swamped with a million things on my to-do list! As I mark each item off of the list, I can literally feel my stress level subsiding, and it’s a GREAT feeling if I do say so myself.

So as I leave you today to go put up Christmas decorations with the family, I have chosen to leave you with a quote, I hope you enjoy it.

“Time flies. It’s up to you to be the navigator.” – Robert Orben

Always,

Candice :)