«

»

Nov 30

Basketball Fever

Well, it’s officially started….basketball season!

I just got back from the Barton vs. Mount Olive game. I was never a big basketball person, and I still don’t really understand all the rules or what’s happening most of the time.  My biggest cue to begin cheering is when everyone around me starts to.  But tonight, even I got swept up in all the excitement.  It was kind of inevitable. When you’re standing in those bleachers with no room to move and being deafened by screams, you just can’t help but join in.

That’s one of the beauties of Barton: school spirit.  I don’t even know how many people expressed to me the importance of attending sports games – this game in particular (Mount Olive is our arch rival). And by “expressed the importance,” I mean “intensely pressured me” to go support the team.

I have to admit I didn’t have high expectations of the game. I, honestly, only wanted to go for the social aspect. My view quickly changed when the team ran out onto the court and everyone got to their feet and started cheering.  Then, the game began, and I couldn’t help but feel the excitement.

If you’re ever around Barton during basketball season, you’d better be ready to catch basketball fever!!