«

»

Nov 30

Barton vs. Mount Olive!!!

Crazy night! Tonight was the highly talked about game of the season. It was a double-header basketball game: Barton vs. Mount Olive. All day this game was on my mind. I couldn’t stay focused in class because I was so eager and excited to show my Bulldog pride and cheer on the Bulldog teams! A group of friends and I went to dinner in the cafe as soon as it opened so we could eat and then get to the gym early. We were determined to get some good seats for the game.

The moment we walked into the Dog House, a smile came across my face, and I couldn’t have been more proud to be in the Bulldog family! Both games were intense because Mount Olive is our arch rival. And, trust me, everyone from Barton wanted to win! Each time one of the players scored a point, the crowd went INSANE!! We were determined to let Mount Olive know who we are and to make our presence known. And, trust me, we did! The Lady Bulldogs came out with a win with a final score of 81-72. The men’s team played a great and intense game last night but came up short with a final score of 71-66. Both teams played very well, and it was a lot of fun.

In the end, I began to notice that my throat was in soooo much pain that I could barely speak! I had been screaming, cheering, and yelling the entire night without thinking twice about it. Good thing I didn’t have a presentation to do the day after because that would have been an embarrassing moment for me. Any-who, it was worth it to me, and I will probably do it again at the next home game.

Overall, I had a great time hanging out with my friends and cheering on the Bulldogs. Times like these are something that every college student should enjoy and take advantage of. Trust me, you will not regret it!!